Whispers in the Dark- Guitar Lesson- Mumford & Sons (Todd Downing)

Saturday, April 6, 2013

|
Sigh No More (Mumford & Sons album)
Sigh No More (Mumford & Sons album) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Super ecstatic to hear of announcement of the Mumford and Sons Calgary to Telluride Tour kicking off in, well, Calgary on May 21st, 2013. Unfortunately, tickets are a touch commodity to come by. 

In the spirit of that, here's a video acoustic guitar lesson from Todd Downing/Youtube.

"This is an easy and fairly accurate way to play Whispers in the Dark by Mumford & Sons on guitar 
(Lesson / Tutorial ) Thanks for watching! You Rock!"


CHORDs: 


Intro and Pre Chorus -----------------
------------------
---9----7----11
---0----0-----0
---x----x-----x
---9----7----12


Verse D A Bm A G Bm D A (2x)

Chorus G D A D (4x) A D G D (2x)

Under the Son part:

-----------------------------
-----------------------------
--9---11---9----11--6---
--0----0----0-----0---0--
--x-------------------------
--9---12---9----12--7--

Instrumental part: G D A D

Lyrics: Whispers in the Dark:

You hold your truth so purely
Well swerve not through the minds of manThis lie is dead

And this cup of yours tastes holyBut a brush with the Devilcan clear your mindAnd strengthen your spine


But fingers tap into what you were onceAnd I'm worried that I blew my only chance

Whispers in the darkSteal a kiss and you'll break your heartPick up your clothes and curl your toesLearn your lesson, lead me home


Spare my sins for the arkI was too slow to departI'm a cad but I'm not a fraudI'd set out to serve the Lord

But my heart was colder when you'd gone

And I lost my head but found the one that I loveUnder the sun, under the sun

But fingers tap into what you were onceAnd I'm worried that I blew my only chanceFingers tap into what you were onceAnd I'm worried that I blew my only chance


But my heart was colder when you'd goneAnd I lost my headLet's live while we are youngWhile we are young, while we are youngWhile we are young



From: SongMeanings.net
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Guitar Blogs


 

Lorem

Ipsum

Slapdash Guitar on

Recommend on Google

Dolor